Theme Installation & Activate
Thank you for purchasing my theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email me via my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload the theme file
- Go to Appearance → Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button
- Click on the Upload Theme button
- Click Browse and select current version of aulietta.zip in your computer
- Click Install Now
After theme installed successfully you can activate theme by clicking Activate on link as appear in your screen.
Manually activate theme
If you wish to activate manually
- Go to Appearance Themesin the WordPress menu
- Hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button
A child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality and styling of another theme, called the parent theme. Child themes are the recommended way of modifying an existing theme.
Why use a Child Theme?
There are a few reasons why you would want to use a child theme:
- If you modify a theme directly and it is updated, then your modifications may be lost. By using a child theme you will ensure that your modifications are preserved.
- Using a child theme can speed up development time.
- Using a child theme is a great way to learn about WordPress theme development.
Child Theme Install
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Navigate to the Appearance > Themes menu.
- Click the Add New button on the top of the screen.
- On the next page, click the Upload Theme button on the top of the screen.
- Click the Choose File button to open up a dialog to browse your computer and navigate to Child Theme folder. Select the file aulietta-child.zip and click Install Now.
- Please wait a few seconds, WordPress will upload and extract the theme archive for you. All you need to do next is to press the Activate link under the message for successful theme installation.
- That's it! Now you can add custom CSS code and PHP functions.
How to use the child theme
- After install the child theme navigate to Wordpress admin panel.
- Navigate to the Appearance > Editor menu.
- In the section titled Templates, you will see a list of files that you can edit:
- functions.php - This lets you add additional functions, classes and hooks to WordPress theme without needing to alter the code within the functions file of the parent theme.
- style.css - This lets you add or change the theme styles (colors, sizes, fonts, backgrounds etc.) without needing to change the code within the style.css file of the parent theme.
This theme requires the installation and activation of some plug-ins to add additional features and capabilities. If you want to use contact form, instagram, newsletter and demo import, you need to install the following plugins:
Elementor - Introducing a WordPress website builder, with no limits of design. A website builder that delivers high-end page designs and advanced capabilities, never before seen on WordPress.
Mailchimp for WordPress - This plugin helps you grow your Mailchimp lists and write better newsletters through various methods. You can create good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any existing form on your site, like your comment, contact or checkout form.
Contact Form 7 - Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
Categories Images - The Categories Images Plugin allow you to add image with category or taxonomy.
Smash Balloon Instagram Feed - Display Instagram posts from your Instagram accounts, either in the same single feed or in multiple different ones.
One Click Demo Import - The best feature of this plugin is, that theme authors can define import files in their themes and so all you (the user of the theme) have to do is click on the “Import Demo Data” button.
How to setup Contact Form
<div class="row"> <div class="col-md-6"> [text* your-name placeholder "Your Name"] </div> <div class="col-md-6"> [text* your-email placeholder "Your Email *"] </div> <div class="col-md-12"> [text your-subject placeholder "Subject"][textarea your-message 10x5 placeholder "Your Message"][submit id:SendMessage "Send Message"] </div> </div>
Create Contact Form
- Navigate to the Contact → Add New page in the WordPress admin.
- Enter a name for Contact Form
- Copy the code above into contact form
- Click the Save button.
Insert Contact Form
How to setup MailchimpForm Code:
<div class="aulietta-newsletter"> <label>Subscribe to the Aulietta newsletter to receive timely updates from newsletter to receive timely updates from texts would hardly be possible even now.</label> <div class="form-newsletter"> <input type="email" name="EMAIL" placeholder="Your email address" required=""> <button type="submit" value="Sign up">Sign up</button> </div> </div>
Create Mailchimp Form
- Navigate to the Mailchimp for WP → Form in the WordPress admin.
- Copy the code above into form code
- Click the Save Changes button.
Install Demo Content
Well, it's really simple.
If you're using the theme to build a new website which doesn't have content yet, I strongly recommend you to use the demo content files.
- Navigate to theAppearance → Import Demo Datain the WordPress admin
- Click the Import Demo Data button
You can manage theme options by navigating to Appearance → Customize → Site Identity.
- Upload Logo for site
- Enter the information for site: Site Title, Tagline...
- Click the Published button.
You can manage theme options by navigating to Theme Options.
- Click the Blog
- Choose a layout blog style for page blog
- Configuration hide/shows sidebar
- Configure the number of posts on 1 page
- Click the Save Changes button.
Aulietta Block About
- Title : Insert the title for the About Block
- Description : Insert the description for the About Block
- Choosen Image :Choosen Image for About Block
- Select Posts :Select the posts you want to display
- Number of posts to show : Configure the number posts of Slide
- View More Text : Enter text for button View More
- View More Link : Enter link for button View More
- Title : Insert the title
- Subtitle : Insert the subtitle
- Description : Insert the description
- Alignment : Choosen align text
- Title Size : Title size
- Title Color : Title Color
- Subtitle Size: Subtitle Size
- Subtitle Color : Subtitle Color
- Description Size : Description Size
- Description Color : Description Color
- Select Cats : Select the category you want to display
Blog Layouts helps you drag and drop blog layout style available on the page
- Title : Insert the title for the Block Posts
- Select Category :Select the category you want to display
- Posts Layout Style : Select blog layout style
- Pagination : Set Show/Hide Pagination
- Post per page : Set the number of posts to be displayed per page
- Number Posts : set the number of posts to display if paging is not available
- Client Title : Insert the title for the Block Posts
- Client Item :
- Client Image
- Client Author
- Client Quote
Aulietta Block Info
- Icon Info
- Info Title
- Info Text
You can manage theme options by navigating to Appearance → Customize → Calantha Theme Options.
- Click the tab Copyright Text
- Enter Copyright Text your site
- Click the Published button.